This is a great tasting, moist cake that I use for large shaped or 3D cakes. You can bake it in giant cupcake tins, baking trays or lamington trays to create cars, lions and other fantastic themed cakes.
Recipe type: Cake
- 375g butter
- 2tsp vanilla extract or essence
- 11/2 cups caster sugar
- 41/2 cups Self-raising Flour
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- Preheat oven to 180oC (160oC Fan Forced).
- Beat butter and sugar together in a bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time and continue beating until well combined.
- Stir half the flour and half of the milk into the mixture.
- Add the remaining flour and milk and fold through lightly.
- Pour mixture into chosen pan and cook for approx. one hour.
- Time will vary with the size and depth of your pan, and obviously your oven. Know your oven.