Nutella Surprise Cupcakes
Recipe type: Cupcake
Vanilla cupcakes with a surprise nutella centre
- 120g Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1tsp Vanilla Extract (2tsp essence)
- 11/2 cups flour (may need an extra tbsp if too moist)
- 11/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- jar of Nutella
- Preheat oven to 180oC. Line a cupcake or muffin try with paper cases.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, use an electric mixer to cream butter and sugar together at medium speed until light and fluffy. Then add vanilla extract. Beat in the eggs until well combined. Fold through the flour and milk, alternating a little at a time until well combined.
- Using a piping bag or ice-cream scoop, place approx one tablespoon of cake batter into the bottom of each paper cupcake case. Place a teaspoon of Nutella into each case, then fill in the top of the cases with another spoon of cake batter, filling the cases to 3/4's full. Bake for 15-18 mins or until slightly golden.
These cakes would be tasty topped with a chocolate ganaché or frosting.