Peanut Butter Cupcakes
Recipe type: Cupcakes
Serves: Makes 16 standard cupcakes or 12 large
- 55g butter or margarine, softened
- 225g brown sugar, soft
- 115g crunchy peanut butter
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 225g plain flour
- 2tsp baking powder
- 100ml milk
- 200g cream cheese, soft
- 25g butter
- 225g icing sugar
- Cupcake Directions:
- Preheat oven to 180oC. Put paper cases into muffin trays.
- Beat together the butter, sugar and peanut butter for 1-2 minutes, or until well combined. Gradually add the eggs, beating well after each one, then add in the vanilla.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together. Fold them into the mixture with a metal spoon, alternate with adding the milk. Spoon the mixture into the cases.
- *I use an ice-cream scoop, jug or piping bag to fill paper cases.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until well risen or golden brown.
- Frosting Directions:
- Using an electric mixer, beat together butter and cream cheese until smooth. Sift in the icing sugar and continue beating until well combined.
- Ice the cupcakes once they have completely cooled. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- *You can make a peanut butter frosting or a choch-fudge one if you want them to be super-indulgent. Top them with a dollop of jam, sprinkle of nuts, peanut brittle shards or the ultimate Reece's Peanut Butter Cups.....YUM!